This is going to be pretty light on the details but I wanted to post a quick peek at Juliet's 2nd birthday party from last weekend. For photos of the dessert table and a few other details check out my Instagram. The dessert table photo has the most likes I've ever received on Instagram. It came together really nicely and was a lovely vision of whites, golds and clouds. It's by far my favorite dessert table I've ever created.
Photos pictured left to right:
- Paper items were made by Grace and Guy Paperie on Etsy (wait until you see her invitation!)
- My little girl looking so pretty in her party outfit
- This balloon cloud was such an awesome detail and it literally cost about $2.50 (all you need are about 30 balloons, string and tape). My mother-in-law made this after I showed her a photo on Pinterest (it took about 45 minutes). Thank you, Karen!
- My sister-in-law, Nikki of Lovely Scribbles made this "Dream big little one" cake topper. It was beautiful and perfect and I loved it. She cut those letters out by hand!
- Juliet's adorable dress was from Old Navy and I made her baby's breath crown with $4.50 flowers from Rainbow (I'll have details on how I made this in the full party post)
Callie V Photography took photos of the party which was awesome because I was too busy running around to take any photos with my DSLR camera. Once I get all the professional photos I'll be doing a huge post with tons of photos and details and of course, vendor credits.
I haven't done all the math but I estimated that we spent about $400 on her party (not including photography). Almost all of the decor was DIY and therefore low cost. The food was appetizers, snacks (for the kids) and dessert and everything was purchased at Trader Joe's or Aldi (except the cake and cupcakes which were made by one of Erik's coworkers). We had wine and beer because I am a firm believe in booze at all parties, even kid's parties. Did I mention I cracked open a beer about an hour before the party began? It kept me relaxed and was a very good idea.
I hope you enjoyed this little peek!