A bachelorette party and a giveaway, today is a good day!
I am hosting a Mexican Fiesta bachelorette party this evening in honor of my sister, Katie. We’re going to have cocktails and dinner in my backyard and then head out to a couple bars in St. Paul.
As I mentioned yesterday, I am really trying to not go overboard on the details but here are a few I am excited about:
- I purchased 3 huge bouquets of zinnias at the Minneapolis Farmers’ Market and I am going to put them in bottles/cans with Mexican labels
- I purchased three strands of papel picado from a website called Casa Bonampak and it cost about $24. I am going to hang them from a 10×20 white canopy
- We’re going to have a drink table with margaritas, Katie-tinis (vodka, club soda and a splash of cranberry with a lime) and strawberry thyme agua fresca as the non-alcoholic option (I got the agua fresca idea from Annie of Marry You Me blog, she did a great guest post on agua fresca on Post Cards and Pretties blog)
- Can’t forget about lighting, I’m going to put mason jars with candles all over the backyard
- We’re going to have a ton of food including
- Ground turkey tacos
- Chicken enchiladas
- Spanish rice
- Chips and guacomole
- and for dessert…Tres Leches cake, yum
We are going to head to Bonfire on Grand Avenue in St. Paul later in the evening and how fitting…we have a $50 giveaway for a lucky (local) reader today!
Bonfire is a favorite spot of mine and my sister’s and they recently added a lounge area and no longer have dueling pianos. They now have a live band or DJ on the weekends, which is perfect for a bachelorette party. I have a feeling we’ll have a few too many flirtinis (they make the best martinis)!
Here are a couple photos of the lounge area. In about twelve hours 10 gals (and one super cute bachelorette!) will be chilling in this lounge, sipping martinis. I can’t wait!
How to enter:
- Head over to Bonfire’s page and check out their menu and/or features and promotions page
- Leave a comment on this post with your favorite menu item (food or cocktail), favorite feature/promotion (I personally like the $5 specialty martinis on Wednesday nights) or share your favorite bachelorette party that included a stop at Bonfire
- Eligiible to MN residents only
The giveaway will end on Tuesday, August 10th at 11:59pm CT. A winner will be chosen at random and announced on Wednesday, August 11th. Good luck and I look forward to your comments!!
Have a wonderful weekend!!!